Husbands – Pray For Your Wives
By Pastor Bill
The Lord tells us in James 5:16 to “confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.”
Husbands, let me ask you to take five minutes a day to get with your wife and pray over her. One of the real blessings in marriage is to be able to pray for one another daily. Our spouses should be our primary prayer partners. When we begin to effectively pray together, we will see much accomplished in our marriages, families, and communities.
Paul tells us in Ephesians to cleanse our wives by the washing of water with the word. The easiest way to cleanse our wives by the washing of water with the word is through prayer. We can pray the Word of God over our wives. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you Scriptures to pray over your wife.
Here are some other things that you can pray for your wife.
- Thank the Lord for her and for all that you are grateful for in her life.
- Pray God’s blessings over her.
- Pray protection over her.
- Pray over the burdens of her heart.
- Pray over decisions and upcoming events in her life.
- Pray over the desires of her heart.
- Pray for revelation in His word for her.
- Pray for wisdom, understanding, knowledge and strength for her.
As you begin to faithfully pray with her over her every day, you will see your prayers accomplishing much in her life and in your marriage. God will increase your communication, unity and intimacy. He will establish your leadership and her submission. He will bring joy and peace to your marriage. Test the Lord and see if He will not pour out for you a blessing as you begin to daily pray over your wife.